Arab Reporters for Investigative Journalism (ARIJ) is hiring a Program Director to be responsible for management, administration and coordination of all aspects of our ongoing programs. This is a top-rank position in the leading investigative reporting organization in the Middle East/North Africa.
The winning candidate will work from ARIJ’s Amman headquarters, reporting directly to the Executive Director. Travel within the Arab region and beyond may be called for. The winning candidate should have at least 10 years experience in program management, and preferably hold a Masters Degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Public Policy or a related field.
We want someone who:
- Is creative, organized, engaged, and committed to the public good.
- Can communicate well and foster team work.
- Likes working across cultures and is undaunted by austere even difficult environments and deadline pressure.
- Possesses leadership skills including conflict resolution.
- Has worked in the MENA region.
Our winning candidate must be fluent in English (preferably a native speaker). Arabic is not a must, though ability to communicate in basic Arabic is preferable.
Start date is as soon as possible. Pay is competitive and includes benefits.
ARIJ, founded in 2005, is an award-winning, internationally recognized non-profit organization and the first Arab investigative reporting organization. It is an equal opportunity employer.
Send CV and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Program Director”.
Deadline is June 1, 2018